Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Manay po 2

I had the chance to watch this movie, never in my plan but luckily, saw this poster in glorietta 2 and got curious.

I must say the movie is a good school for educating people about homosexuality without being preachy. The movie was so lite and yet it captured all my senses. It gave me opportunity to check how, where and what is my stage right now - my current sexual preference.

I love the part when Jiro Manio wears barong during the pageant. It reminded me of my crisis way back decade ago. Acting / performance wise, Jiro is genius actor. He was able to deliver his line naturally. Sid Lucero is also a brilliant actor. He is consistent in his acting - a true Eigenman.

Good that the movie did not tackle the issue on adoption or parenting. It assumes and I guess respect the intelligence of the viewer. I hope that more movies will tackle homosexuality focusing on their day to day activities and not only their struggle on being gay. I guess Filipino viewers are matured and homosexuality is not an issue anymore.

Kudos to the people behind this project!

4 comments:

  1. wow naman. trip ko na tuloy panoorin yang movie na yan. napanood ko kasi yung unang Manay Po and nakakatawa talaga. ano pa kaya ang return diba??? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i seldom watch filipino movies. until i watch a pretty decent movie, i'll be back in watching filipino made movies.


    link ex?

    ReplyDelete
  3. never saw this movie pa.
    saw manay po 1 lang.
    nakaka relate kami. hehehe.. yung bf ko is polo.. and ako si luis alandy. hahaha

    can't wait to watch this movie on the small screen.. thanks for visitng my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kaibigan..,
    maaari bang hingin ang iyong komentaryo sa aking..:
    "forced eviction"..?
    paki tiyaga namang basahin ha..!
    salamat..!
    kita tayo sa BOMBA!!!... ;)

    ReplyDelete